20 de mayo de 2010

Tango y Milongas Mr Juan Lencina

Tangos, milongas, y milongueros de Buenos Aires



Juan Lecina, my favorite Milonguero


Juan Lecina is a much beloved promoter of three very popular Buenos Aires Milongas (Sentimental y Coqueta Maipu 444 on Tuesday with Atilio Veron, La Nacional Alsina 1465 on Saturday, Gricel La Rioja 1180 on Thursday). In my opinion he is the best social tango dancer that I have ever seen. About six months ago I discovered a video of his performance, with Milva Bernardo at 444 Maipu on Youtube, and since that time I have been in awe of his dancing skills. He expresses the music with his whole being from head to toe and from heart and soul. I think he must know the words and music to every tango song played in the milongas because he is usually singing along while dancing. When he sees me watching him dance at a milonga he always makes me smile with his superior showmanship. When he is not dancing, he is welcoming all of his guests and making sure everyone is having a great time. He reminds me a little of the character played by James Steward in the Frank Capra film “It’s a Wonderful life”, because like the story's hero, George Bailey, when you measure a man’s success in life by the number of friends he has, Maestro Lencina surely is one of the richest men in Buenos Aires. He is a true treasure to the Tango community. I am proud to say that he is my friend.

by Patrick McClure from Hawaii USA